WELCOME TO MY BLOG !

ART QUILTS & CONTEMPORARY QUILT MAKING

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

I design and create art quilts.

I invite you to view my quilts and learn about my journey in quilt making.

Enjoy my quilts!

AWAKENING

AWAKENING
My quilt, Awakening, was included in the exhibit, In Full Bloom 2013, at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas.

Sewing My Head on Straight

There is nothing like a good project to keep your mind and spirit occupied.  I have recently faced a health issue - minor in the scheme of things, but, as someone blessed with extraordinarily good health, I have never learned to cope with these glitches.  I marvel at how so many of my friends cope with much worse troubles than mine.

So, Sew!  I have been working on a wall hanging that I'm not yet ready to reveal.  I think it's a good one.  I have free motion quilted that background using about ten entire bobbins, the large kind from my Bernina 820.  The background is very densely fmq'ed.  I clean and oil my machine at every bobbin change, usually cleaning the lint even more often.  But I had an unbelievable problem.  Once cleared out of the channel on top of the machine leading to the needle, she ran as smoothly as ever.  Here's a picture of the glob I worked out of the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment