WELCOME TO MY BLOG !

ART QUILTS & CONTEMPORARY QUILT MAKING

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

I design and create art quilts.

I invite you to view my quilts and learn about my journey in quilt making.

Enjoy my quilts!

AWAKENING

AWAKENING
My quilt, Awakening, was included in the exhibit, In Full Bloom 2013, at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas.

Making "Awakening"

Here's the process of making my quilt.  This quilt is basically hand appliqued.  The only embellishment is beading on the orange flowers.  As construction progressed, I noticed that many of the green leaves and the bias tape in a polished cotton mint green appeared to be gray - just an optical illusion.  As I was pleased with the overall look of the quilt, I made the decision to replace the mint green with a more true green cotton fabric.  I have never remade such a large portion of a quilt before, but it was well worth it.  This quilt was included in the exhibit, "In Full Bloom, 2013" at the Houston International Quilt Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment